Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

mchiocca

Tags:
  • simple datatable resize

SimpleDatatableResize plugin does NOT work

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 pm
Hello. I've tried using the gallery simple datatable resize plugin with the gallery simple datatable and have found that it doesn't work at all. You should be able to resize all of the columns, but the only one that you can resize is the last column, effectively extending the right side of the table to the right. I used a cut and paste copy example from the gallery page and it just doesn't work. I'm using the xarno-smooth simple datatable CSS skin. Has anyone gotten individual column resize to work? If you follow the example, you get nowhere. Thanks for your help. Michael.

mchiocca

Tags:
  • simple datatable resize plugin

Re: SimpleDatatableResize plugin does NOT work

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 pm
I managed to fix this. The simple datatable sort plugin adds a <span class="yui3-icon"/>, which gets placed at the far edge of the rightmost datatable column header. The yui3-icon-vgrip class for the resize then gets placed after it for each column. So, only the last column in the table is resizable. I removed the <span /> that gets added by the sort plugin and the resize plugin (which was also adding one to the vgrip <div />). I also removed the yui3-icon CSS from the simple datatable skin (xarno smooth) and made a couple of other minor CSS modifications. Now the column resize is working perfectly. Has nobody else noticed that the resize plugin didn't work? Or, has anyone actually gotten it to work unmodified?
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic