Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 8 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

John Lindal

YUI Contributor

• Username: jafl
  • Twitter: jafl5272
  • GitHub: jafl
  • Gists: jafl

Why?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 am
Since this is built on top of YUI 3, it would be helpful to explain what this module does above and beyond YUI 3 IO.

Murray Macchio

YUI Contributor

• Username: murdog05
  • GitHub: murdog05
  • Gists: murdog05

Re: Why?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:04 am
AND... how am I supposed to steal ideas for my own module when the example doesn't work....? LOL, just thought I would point that out... I really would like to see an example.

Murray Macchio

YUI Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:05 am
That is for the form validator...

Eduardo Lundgren

YUI Contributor

• YUI Developer

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:48 pm
Murray,

The FormValidator was a component written in Alloy 1.0.0, the last version pushed to the website was RC, we are pushing this new version and demos to the website this week and then you could play with it.

Murray Macchio

YUI Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:54 pm
Awesome, be sure to check out my form validator, there may be some ideas in there that you guys will want to apply.

Eduardo Lundgren

YUI Contributor

• YUI Developer

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:16 pm
The "inline" functionality using DOM attributes is nice, Alloy is using css classes instead, although this way have some limitations which we might get rid using attributes.

Nate Cavanaugh

YUI Contributor

Tags:
  • datatype
  • gist
  • io
  • plugin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 pm
Hi John,
Could you let us know which component you're referring to specifically? Is it just the AUI IO module you're curious about?

That component is a rollup and the two main components in there are IO Request and IO Plugin. Those pages have a lot more detail about each one:
http://yuilibrary.com/gallery/show/aui-io-request and http://yuilibrary.com/gallery/show/aui-io-plugin

The gist being that IO Request is an extension to the IO module that allows such things as automatic dataType parsing, events have the on/after lifecycle, easily storing a transaction for later starting/stopping, etc.

IO Plugin is an extension off of IO Request, so it supports all of the same functionality, but it's main ability is to automatically update the content of the plugged area.

I hope that helps answer the questions.

Thanks John,

Nasir Qureshi

• Username: nasirqureshi
Tags:
  • event

click event on aui-chart

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am
How can i add a click event on the aui or yui chart
  [ 8 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic