Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 5 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

Daniel Ji

• Username: humblepie
  • GitHub: humblepie
  • Gists: humblepie
Tags:
  • event
  • github

code coverage with yeti

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm
Hi everyone,

The quick guide at https://github.com/yui/yeti says that
Quote:
Yeti automatically includes a line coverage summary if your tests were instrumented with YUI Test Coverage.

But how do I do this? I'm running yeti with the --query 'filter=coverage', but the coverage part isn't working.

I tried to subscribe to the 'complete' event of the Y.Test.Runner and then call report() on using runner.getCoverage(), but getCoverage() always returns null.

Thank.

Daniel Ji

Tags:
  • github
  • yuitest

Re: code coverage with yeti

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm
Found my answer: https://github.com/yui/yuitest/wiki/Code-Coverage

From what I gather on the upcoming tools (yogi and 'friends'), this manual step might not be necessary though.

Daniel Ji

Tags:
  • node instrument yui test files

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 pm
istanbul is another option to instrument your JS files. It runs on node.

You just run the command: istanbul instrument

customcommander

YUI Contributor

Tags:
  • number
  • ticket

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:38 pm
Hi,

I'm having the same problem on a Windows 7 and OSX Lion desktops with the latest release of Yeti.

As an example I've created a very simple file that contains just one function getNumber that returns always the same number: 10.

I've got the yui-coverage* jar and instrumented that file (which works really fine) and included it in to a test runner (which contains a dead simple 'should return 10' test case).

When I run 'yeti testrunner.html' I get a report saying that my agent has connected and that my test has completed sucessfully.

The problem is that I just don't get that code coverage report.

If I open Firebug when my agent connects and subscribe to the COMPLETE_EVENT of the Y.Test.Runner I can get the Y.Test.Runner.getCoverage() output, but it seems to me it's too late.

It looks like there is a failure in automatically report these coverage data back to Yeti.

I suppose my problem is covered by this ticket
http://yuilibrary.com/projects/yeti/ticket/120

I can't access the code for the samples right now but I'm happy to provide them if that helps.

Thanks.

Daniel Ji

Tags:
  • ticket

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 am
@customcommander

Hey, a few weeks ago Reid accepted the ticket you referenced. Hopefully, a fix will be rolled out :)
  [ 5 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic