|Page 1 of 1||[ 6 posts ]|
I am having an issue with YUI2 datatable columns not resizing. Well, sort of not. The columns are draggable, and after a column is dragged to a new position, then the columns become resizable.
I would like the columns to be resizable without having to drag one of them to a new position first. Any ideas? Can I fire some drag and drop event to fool the table into letting me resize the columns?
Possibly useful information:
- Columns are sortable
- Columns are (supposed to be) resizable (resizeable:true)
- Columns are draggable
- Multiple datatables on page (in same Y.use(), too (YUI2 in YUI3))
Any help would be appreciated.
Don't know if the Y3 framework is causing an issue, but assuming it is not, it should work. Here are a few things to look at:
1. the position of the mouse is important in resizing - it needs to be near the border
2. does the label of the column completely fill up or overflow the column - if so, it may case an underlying element that picks up the resize fail to get activated
3. is the column next to the original resizeable column placement "affecting" the column - thus when you move it, this conflict no longer exists
4. are you spelling resizeable correctly (ie, not rsizable)
Just my off-the-cuff thoughts. I do what you describe all the time and I have no trouble at all (that is, multiple data tables on the same page with resizeable and movable columns).
Hope that helps...
Thanks, Bret, I will double check your points.
I have done this many times as well, and it works just fine, this is a bit why I'm stumped. I've gone over the code several times and I can't find any difference between the tables that work and those that don't. I am assuming it's something silly, and I just keep overlooking the problem.
In case anybody is watching, something is setting the height of the "yui-dt-resizer" class containers to zero, rendering them ineffective. I've reset their height to a more appropriate value, but I do not know what is causing the height to be set to zero.
I had similar problem and I had the table within a dialog. The dialog was getting initialized at page load, and at the same time I was also initializing the table, since this datatable's div was not visible, so the height of the resizer was getting set as 0. Once I differed these dialog and datatable inits to once they were visible (the first time), things fell in the right place.
Hope this help someone.
Thank you that helped me.
|Page 1 of 1||[ 6 posts ]|
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum