|Page 1 of 1||[ 3 posts ]|
Hi, I have to upload files or directories up to 8Gbytes.
Can I upload such large files or directories without problems with YUI upload?
In summary, the requirements are
1. upload file or files or directory or directories up to 8Gbytes!!! (Large file size is the problem)
What if the network is disconnected or a user closes browser while uploading files?
YUI uploader supports resume upload feature?
YUI uploader supports cancel upload feature?
2. before upload, need to check out the size of filenames,
since some crazy users upload files with filename size like more than 1000 characters.
So before upload files, need to limit the size of file name up to 200 characters.
Q) What's the difference between YUI3 and YUI2 uploaders?
FYI, I've been desperately looking at other uploaders, but couldn't find any good one for this yet.
Besides I'm not a front-end developer, but a back-end developer using Spring Framework.
However, currently I'm the only one developer in my group and thus have to do EVERYTHING !!!
The previous developer of this group was using Valum uploader,
but it has too much issues and need to change something else.'
I don't think flash-based file uploaders allow the user to select an entire directory to upload. We had this requirement and built a custom Java applet based uploader. A bit of a pain since the applet needed to be signed, but our application uses applets in other functions so we already had a code signing cert. I can't say much about the YUI3 HTML5 based version, but it isn't an option for us since we have to support IE7/8 for the foreseeable future and they don't support HTML5 multiple file select file upload.
To answer your questions:
1. Standard HTTP upload mechanisms (which is what the uploader uses) are almost never a good solution for uploading files that large. Furthermore, I don't know of any HTTP upload mechanism that would allow you to select a folder. Multiple files - yes, a whole folder - no.
Right now, the uploader does not support resumable uploads, but it is a feature we are planning to implement (at least for the HTML5 uploader). It does support canceling uploads.
2. Filenames can be easily checked before uploading, since the uploader provides you with the list of files the user has selected, including their names, sizes, and dates created.
3. YUI 2 Uploader was entirely Flash-based; YUI 3 Uploader has an HTML5 and a Flash implementation that are selected based on the features available in the browser.
|Page 1 of 1||[ 3 posts ]|
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum