Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

jrussbowman

Calling jsonp more than once on a page fails

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 pm
+0-
I set up a simple test here - http://www.hatethegame.net/jsonp/

Basically, jsonp works if you call it once, but all calls after that do nothing, and also throw no error. From what I can see in firebug, it's not making any network requests.

Luke Smith

YUI Contributor

• Username: lsmith
  • Twitter: ls_n
  • GitHub: lsmith
  • Gists: lsmith
  • IRC: ls_n
  • YUI Developer

Re: Calling jsonp more than once on a page fails

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:46 pm
+0-
What was likely happening was due to the Loader being optimized not to pull down a module twice. The previous architecture used Loader to fetch the JSONP in a new sandbox by assigning it to a static module name '_'.

I've refactored it to use the Get util (for a few reasons) and added a few niceties on while I was in there. Now it supports parsing the callback from the url string as well as context override, additional args, and a new timeout hook.

Config signature changed though. The callbacks are now inside an 'on' property to be more in accordance with the rest of the library. E.g.

Code:
Y.jsonp( url, {
    on: {
        success: someObject.doMyBidding
    },
    context: someObject,
    args: [ "these will appear", "after the JSON object", "as the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th params to doMyBidding" ]
} );
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic