Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

Raphaël Bauduin

• Username: raphinou
  • GitHub: raphinou
  • Gists: raphinou
  • IRC: raphinou

multipart / file field

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 am
+0-
Hi,

do you plan to support multipart forms to enable file uploads?
I'd possibly be a test user for this. (still validating the idea to go with your module though)

Raph

Greg Hinch

YUI Contributor

• Username: greghinch
  • Twitter: greghinch
  • GitHub: ghinch
  • Gists: ghinch
  • IRC: gr-eg

Re: multipart / file field

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 pm
+0-
I'm of mixed feelings about including direct support for uploading in the Form module. I understand how useful it would be, and it may deter some from using it, however in my general experience, posting a form at the same time as uploading a file can cause some technological challenges on both the client and server side of things. One concern of note I've been informed of by a server-side counterpart at my work (and this may not be across the board accurate) is that if a post is submitted with an empty value for an upload field, it causes an error on the server. Again that could be incorrect but it is what I have been told.

Personally in my application development I find separating uploads and form data posts, if done properly, is a more elegant experience. But I am totally willing to work with you on finding an implementation that works if there is a consensus that this module is incomplete without uploading.
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic