Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

Dave Neill

• Username: boomster
Tags:
  • slideshow

All images in slideshow showing on load

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 pm
+0-
I'm just starting with a lot of this so, sorry if this is rudimentary. I've imitated a basic example for using the slideshow (found at http://freshcutsd.com/yui-slideshow-basic-usage/) but my imitation shows all the images in the slideshow, one after the other - as if they were in a list, while loading. Once the page is all loaded, the slideshow works fine with images replacing one another. By what mechanism should I keep the images hidden until loaded? TIA

Jeff Craig

YUI Contributor

• Username: foxxtrot
  • Twitter: foxxtrot
  • GitHub: foxxtrot
  • Gists: foxxtrot
  • IRC: foxxtrot
  • YUI Developer

Re: All images in slideshow showing on load

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm
+0-
Dave,

Though I wrote the other slideshow module on the gallery, this the technique he's using is setting 'overflow: hidden' on the containing div (in the example it's div#someId) to prevent the rest of the images from showing.

I'm going to clean up the story on my own slideshow a little bit to make this work progressive enhancement case work slightly better.

foxxtrot
  [ 2 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic