Forums

Posting in these forums is disabled. These forums will be available for archive purposes. Please join the new forums at the links below:

• yui-support - replaces the `YUI 3.x` and `YUI 3 Gallery` forums.
    We have created the following discussion categories within this group to aid discoverability for these most-used topics:
    • Charts for YUI Charts support.
    • DataTable for YUI DataTable support.
    • Gallery for YUI Gallery support, including support for published Gallery components as well as the Gallery process in general.
    • Tools for support of YUI’s suite of developer tools such as selleck, shifter, grover, yogi, etc.
    • Everything Else for questions that don’t fit one of the categories above, we’ve got you covered here.
  • yui-deprecated - replaces the `YUI 2.x` forum and the forums of other deprecated products (`YUI Doc`, `Builder`, `YUI PHP Loader`, etc.).
  [ 4 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic

Brian J. Miller

YUI Contributor

Default a node to open?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:04 am
Is there a way (read: a simple way) to have specific nodes default to open? I figure I can possibly loop over the initial data source potentially calling toggle() to open specific nodes after rendering, though I'm not even sure of that.

John Lindal

YUI Contributor

• Username: jafl
  • Twitter: jafl5272
  • GitHub: jafl
  • Gists: jafl
Tags:
  • datasource
  • node
  • treeble

Re: Default a node to open?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:12 pm
Sorry I didn't find this post sooner!

The difficulty is that opening a node requires a request to the datasource to figure out how many children there are. So it is not a synchronous process. For example, to open a child of a child, you have to call my_table.datasource.get('datasource').toggle() three times, and each call must be nested inside the completion function of the previous call.

If all you want to do is open a top-level node, call my_table.datasource.get('datasource').toggle() with the node index (as an array, e.g., [3]).

I will investigate whether or not it is possible to pass the open state in the data.

John Lindal

YUI Contributor

• Username: jafl
  • Twitter: jafl5272
  • GitHub: jafl
  • Gists: jafl

Post Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 pm
I just pushed an update which allows the initial state of openable nodes to be set in the data. Check the updated yuidoc for "openNodeKey".

William Vincent

• Username: WilliamVincent

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:10 pm
Hi John,

Not sure I should reopen this old post but question is the same. I see your notes regarding the openNodeKey as mentioned in your response, but fail to find any mention of this in any documentation. I cannot get it functional. Can you advise if this is still the proper mechanism and perhaps post back a simple sample of same ?

Many thanks

Vince

I just pushed an update which allows the initial state of openable nodes to be set in the data. Check the updated yuidoc for "openNodeKey".
  [ 4 posts ]
New Topic | Post Reply | Print view
Previous topic | Next topic